BVSS Serves Home Education Students
Brevard Virtual Secondary School is proud to serve home education students on a full or part-time basis.
BVSS welcomes home education students who wish to enroll full-time in our public school program.
Home Education students may access courses
offered by the Brevard Virtual Secondary School franchise of Florida Virtual
School (FLVS) or from FLVS directly. Courses for grades 6-12
are available at no charge, by following the steps
1. Access and review the Home Education Handbook.
2. Submit an original copy of the Notice of Intent from the Handbook to the Office of Student Services to register your child in home education (address is located at the bottom of the form).
3. Register your student(s) online at www.FLVS.net.
4. When asked to identify your child's Physical School, select "Home Schooled Brevard".
5. Select your desired courses and identify the Brevard Franchise for your virtual school provider.
6. Create a Guardian Profile which will allow you to approve courses and monitor your student's progress. This is a requirement for home education families. (click here to be taken to the FLVS webpage to learn more about this process.)
7. Log into your Guardian Account and approve the course requests for your student. Your student cannot be placed with teachers until this step is completed.
8. Once your Notice of Intent is processed by Brevard Public Schools, you will receive a letter of confirmation by mail (titled Home Education Program Verification Letter). if you are taking courses directly from FLVS, you must fax, mail or email a copy of this letter to FLVS at: 407-520-5479 or 2145 Metro Center Blvd. Suite 200; Orlando FL 32835 or email@example.com.
Brevard Virtual Guidance Office
Brevard Virtual's Guidance Office will gladly assist home education families is selecting BVSS courses. Contact Mrs. King for assistance - 321-633-1000 x351 or email her at King.Deborah@Brevardschools.org.
FLVS Home School Information and Resources
FLVS also supports home education families.
Click here to learn more.
Contact the FLVS customer service center:
1-800-374-1430 or 407-513-3587
FLVS Toll Free Tech Support - 1-866-322-8324
Contact the FLVS guidance counselor assigned to Brevard County:
Amanda Martin - 407-513-3396